Maritime heritage organisations across the country contributed stories and images for inclusion in the exhibition.
The museum partnered with the Australian Maritime Museums Council and ran workshops to bring together staff and volunteers from diverse museums to develop and produce the final exhibit. Many host venues will display objects from their own historic collections in conjunction with the panel display.
The exhibit will tour Australia from 2018 -2020.
Please see venue websites for additional information:
- 1 Feb- 31 March Wallaroo Heritage and Nautical Museum, SA
- 1 March- Mid April Cervantes Historical Society, WA
- 5 Feb- 26 April Port Welshpool Maritime Museum, VIC
- 20 March- 30 April Old Courthouse Museum, NSW
- March-April Beachport Old Wool and Grain Store, SA
- Feb-April North Stradbroke Island Historical Museum, QLD
- March/April Mid North Coast Maritime Museum, NSW
- March/April Dover Museum and Gallery, TAS
- May- 4 weeks Hawkesbury Library, NSW
- May-July Meandarra Museum, QLD
- May-June Millicent National Trust Museum, SA
- May- August Maritime Museum of Townsville, QLD
- May-July Coffs Harbour Regional Museum, NSW
- May Irwin District Historical Society, WA
- July Norfolk Island Museum, NI
- May/July Bunbury Museum and Heritage Centre, WA
- 1 Jul–30 Sep Port Morgan Historical Museum, SA
- 10 Aug–15 Oct Moruya Museum, NSW
- 10 Aug–28 Sep Axel Stenross Maritime Museum, SA
- 15 Aug–15 Oct Port of Echuca Historical Society, VIC
- 10 Sep–15 Nov Bass Strait Maritime Centre, TAS
- 10 Sep–10 Dec Maritime Museum of Tasmania, TAS
- 10 Sep–20 Nov Port MacDonnell Community Complex, SA
- 10 Oct–31 Oct Urunga Museum, NSW
- 8 Oct-8 Jan 2019 Albany Historic Whaling Station, WA
The development costs and exhibition tour has been supported by Visions of Australia.
For bookings and enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org