Blue Planet II
Take a deep breath and dive beneath the waves.
Projected onto our iconic rooftop throughout Vivid Sydney, BBC Earth and Sir David Attenborough’s Blue Planet II takes us into the fascinating world beneath the waves.
Be enthralled by this original show, composed from Blue Planet II footage and accompanied by Hans Zimmer’s score. Take a deep breath as you journey beneath the surface of our great oceans, encountering intelligent creatures that are essential to all life on Earth. Never has there been a more crucial time to explore our remotest seas, and to examine what the future might hold for our blue planet.
For the best view in town, head to our Action Stations Lookout, located on the museum's waterfront next to our iconic submarine. The Lookout will be open to visitors from 6pm - 11pm on Friday and Saturday nights.
Free rooftop projection showing every evening during Vivid Sydney, 6pm – 11pm.
After Vivid Sydney, take home the complete series of BBC Earth and Sir David Attenborough's ground-breaking Blue Planet II - available now on DVD.
Darling Harbour is the setting for one of the most thrilling spectacles of Vivid Sydney — Fantastic Oceans.
You can also enjoy dinner, drinks and entertainment at Cockle Bay, Harbourside and Darling Quarter, plus family-friendly attractions. See what else is happening in Darling Harbour.
Terms and Conditions - Facebook Competition
b) locate the Entry Question for the competition; and
c) submit an answer to the Entry Question ("caption this image") by commenting on the Entry Question during the Competition Period.
5. Limit applies of one (1) entry per person.
6. This competition is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. All entries will be judged individually on their merits based on the creativity and originality of the answer. The best eight (8) entries, as determined by the judges, will receive a prize.
7. Judging will take place at 12noon AEST on 14 June 2018 at 2 Murray Street, Pyrmont NSW 2009. Entries will be judged by a panel of judges appointed by the Promoter.
8. Prize consists of either a Blue Planet II DVD or Blu-ray dependent of the winner’s choice valued at RRP $39.95 each. There are eight (8) prizes to be won in this Competition. Total RRP value of prizes = RRP $319.60 of all prizes combined.
9. Winners will be contacted via a private message from the Promoter by 5pm on 15 June 2018. Winner must verify their details (name, date of birth, a postal address) by 5pm on 15 September 2018 in order to accept the prize.
10. If any prize remains unclaimed in accordance with clause 9 or is otherwise forfeited despite the Promoter making all reasonable efforts to notify the winner, the Promoter may award the prize to the next best entry, as determined by the judges in the same manner described in clause 6.
11. Prizes are not transferable and not redeemable for cash. The judges’ decision is final and binding - no correspondence will be entered into.
12. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any failure to receive an entry or for inaccurate information or for any loss, damage or injury as a result of technical or telecommunications problems, including security breaches, Facebook glitches or technical malfunctions. If such problems arise, then the Promoter may (where necessary with the approval of the relevant lottery authority) modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the competition.
13. If any prize or any element of a prize becomes unavailable for reasons beyond the Promoter's control, the Promoter may substitute a prize or element of a prize of equal or greater value at the Promoter’s sole discretion, subject to any written directions from the relevant authorities. Winners will not be entitled to any additional compensation in the event that the prize or element of a prize has been substituted at equal or greater value.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to request verification of age, identity, residential address and any other information from entrants relevant to entry into or participation in this competition. Verification is at the discretion of the Promoter, whose decision is final. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who provides false information, fails to provide information, conspires with others to gain an unfair advantage or who is otherwise involved in any way in manipulating, interfering or tampering with this competition.
15. The Promoter is not responsible or liable for any loss, damage or injury suffered by any winner as a result of the winner accepting and/or using a prize, except for any loss, damage or injury which is due to the negligence or wilful misconduct of the Promoter or which otherwise cannot be excluded by law.
16. In participating in this competition entrants are providing information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. Each entrant acknowledges that this competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, and to the extent permitted by law, releases Facebook from any and all liability in relation to this competition. Any queries, comments or complaints about this competition must be directed to the Promoter and not Facebook.
17. Australian National Maritime Museum collects your personal information (name, date of birth, address, contact numbers and email) via Facebook when you enter this promotion for the purposes of your entry into the promotion. If we do not collect your personal information via Facebook, you will not be able to submit a valid entry into the promotion or claim your prize. We may disclose this personal information to third parties, including local lottery authorities and the Prize Supplier, for the sole purpose of processing and conducting this promotion and delivering the prize to you if you are the winner of this promotion.
18. Facebook entries will be deemed accepted at the time of transmission if all mandatory fields are completed. Any dispute relating to whether entries have been received or not will be determined by the Promoter, whose decision is final. Any entry that contains content that the Promoter, in its sole discretion, considers to be incomplete, inaccurate, underage, erroneous, ineligible, offensive, misleading, inappropriate or incomprehensible will be deemed invalid, as well as any entry that the Promoter, in its sole discretion, considers to infringe any intellectual property rights or other rights of any person, corporation or entity. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries. Entrants acknowledge that all content posted on Facebook must be in accordance with Facebook terms (http://www.facebook.com/terms.php).
19. Entrants consent to the Promoter publishing their name and/or associated entry on the Promoter's website and associated social media pages including Facebook.
20. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, image, entry, and/or voice in the event that they are a winner in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome) and/or promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
22. BBC Worldwide Australia Pty Ltd (trading as BBC Studios) is the prize supplier but is not involved in or responsible for the organisation or conduct of this competition. All participant inquiries should be directed to the Promoter on the details below in clause 23, and not BBC Worldwide Australia Pty Ltd (trading as BBC Studios).
23. The Promoter is Australian National Maritime Museum ABN 35 023 590 988 address 2 Murray Street, Pyrmont NSW 2009.
Extended to 6:00 pm in January
Last boarding time for Submarine and Tall Ships – 4.10pm
Closed Christmas Day 25 December.
+61 2 9298 3777
Sign up to our newsletters
© Copyright 2013
Australia National Maritime Museum
Every day 9.30 am - 5 pm
Extend to 6.00 pm in January
Closed Xmas Day 25 Dec.
2 Murrey Street
sydney NSW 2000, AU
+61 2 9298 3777