In this section
Search the library
The Vaughan Evans Library is the research library of the Australian National Maritime Museum. The collection reflects the activities and collecting interests of the museum. It includes:
- publications relating to the museum's permanent exhibition themes
- many standard reference sources for research on ships and shipping
- material relating to temporary exhibitions
- specialist museum publications on topics like exhibitions design, conservation and restoration, museology and maritime archaeology
- good runs of journals on shipbuilding, yachting and surfing (with the emphasis on non-current materials).
You can also access a small, but growing, number of publications on the Vaughan Evans Digital Library.
Can't find what you're looking for?
- Visit the library, open by appointment from 10.00 am - 4.00 pm Monday to Wednesday. Contact the Librarian for an appointment on +61 2 9298 3731 or email email@example.com.
- Browse our online research guides for the answers you need.
- For the latest library news, research advice and bookmarks, visit the library blog.